Solution Architecture Manager – Sault Ste. News Mary
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-2020 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved net income of over $2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need an enthusiast Solution Architect Perform a detailed solution analysis to design and engineer a solution that aligns with the overall technology product roadmap and ensure that the recommended solution aligns with the desired overall business outcomes.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Solution Architecture Director, you will be required to:
- Review results produced by business analysis teams to design and engineer a solution incorporating all requirements, product roadmap and success criteria
- Analyze and recommend the solution sourcing strategy (delivery of projects and services) to ensure an optimal delivery method of a solution in order to achieve economies of scale
- Determine solution resourcing strategy to ensure required skills are acquired to support solution delivery
- Monitor and manage the architecture of solutions provided internally and externally, from concept to transition of the solution to the production environment to enable a smooth transition
- Collaboratively create the detailed solution design and review with stakeholders to ensure alignment with overall business outcomes
- Lead the various solution architecture and design activities, including creating and reviewing architecture views, supporting the creation of system and technical requirements to ensure the solution meets business needs
- Leverage knowledge of industry standard architecture and design patterns while making architectural decisions
- Adhere to OLG Enterprise Architecture standards when designing a solution
- Support the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution architecture analysis methodologies, including obtaining feedback after solution implementation
- Evaluate business goals and plans and propose approaches to break down solutions into manageable components and actively seek agile approaches to provide an architectural track in an optimal and proactive manner to enable work on components to begin while others are still being defined.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: Minimum of six (6) years of experience in leading architecture and design, and guiding the construction and implementation of complex business applications and technology solutions involving multiple technology domains. Minimum of four (4) years of experience in solution architecture. Mastery of the main skill areas listed below.
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in the field of information systems, business administration and/or project management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Primary knowledge around:
- Application Architecture Styles
- Architecture and design models
- Development lifecycle methodologies (i.e. agile, waterfall, etc.)
- Enterprise technology architecture concepts (infrastructure, network, platform, etc.)
- Technology trends – microservices, API design and management, cloud (IAAS, SaaS, PaaS, hybrid), SOA, CI/CD, mobile, etc.
Secondary knowledge around:
- Evaluation of products and suppliers
- Practical knowledge of development languages and tools
- Design and introduction of technology services
- Enterprise architecture methodologies such as TOGAF
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (permanent OLG employees only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be based on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their insights and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for Ontarians. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by May 6, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.