Project Manager – New York, NY, United States | Works
New York, NY, United StatesPlace:
Fri 6 Aug ’21Posted on:
Henson Architecture is an award-winning architectural firm specializing in the preservation, restoration and adaptive reuse of historic buildings with a diverse portfolio of work in and around New York City.
Our approach embodies a sensitivity to the history of existing structures while considering today’s needs. Our aim is to ensure that these historic buildings remain an active and functional part of our urban fabric, while ensuring compliance and optimal functioning with a look to the future.
Job description: We are looking for a Project Architect with at least 5 years of experience with problem solving skills and desire for a leadership role in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. Primary responsibilities include the day-to-day management, coordination and success of preservation and restoration projects to meet time and cost targets. The candidate should be familiar with all facets of the design and construction of the building envelope.
To be considered, the preferred candidate must have demonstrated ability to:
- Develop design concepts through construction documents.
- Perform bid solicitations and contractor reviews.
- Perform contract administration and construction management services.
- Create and maintain project schedules, administer change orders, review payment requests and oversee the completion of project close.
- Actively develop and monitor project budgets to ensure profitability and maintain client relationships.
- Work effectively on multiple projects, both independently and with team members.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with team members, consultants and clients.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, organizational and leadership skills, as well as an ability to train others and monitor the quality and completeness of their work.
- Identify new work opportunities and pursue potential projects with new or current clients.
- Participate in the development of proposals and business development activities.
- Preferred Certified Passive House Designer.
- The preferred candidate will be an architect registered or in the process of completing their registration.
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or preservation and 3 years of relevant experience in FISP inspection, or 5 years of relevant experience in FISP inspection.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and administration of preservation and restoration projects.
- Experience with New York City building codes and zoning regulations.
- Experience in coordinating NYC Department of Buildings and Landmark Preservation Commission files.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Adobe Suite programs.
- Working knowledge of Revit, Rhino, and rendering programs is preferred.
Benefits and remuneration: Henson offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a 401 (k) pension plan with company matching and health coverage. Opportunities for growth and professional advancement. Continuing education opportunities. We hire with care for the long term. Compensation based on skills, background and experience.
To apply: Please email a curriculum vitae, cover letter and selected work samples (less than 8MB); Reference “project manager” in the subject line at [email protected] Work samples should focus on built projects, sample construction documents and details.
Candidates selected for an interview will be invited to bring their full portfolios and references.
Back to the task list …