Junior/Intermediate Interior Designer, Residential + Hospitality – New York, NY, US | Works
JSD is looking for a qualified junior/intermediate interior designer with a passion for interior design and a minimum of 3+ years in a high-end residential interior design firm to join our team immediately. . Working in both the residential and hospitality sectors, the ideal candidate will work with the President and Principal Designers to help deliver all phases of our projects, from conceptual ideas to implementation. The chosen candidate will be motivated, passionate, an excellent communicator and will have the desire to grow with the company as a key member of our team. Applicants should also demonstrate a strong balance of design sensibilities and technical knowledge, as well as the project organization skills necessary to operate in a rapidly changing environment.
Roles and responsibilities
- Formulate design presentations, preliminary space plans and 2D, 3D design concept studies and sketches
- Create floor plans, elevations, details, reflected ceiling plans, furniture plans, shop drawings, materials and finish schedules. Ability to field measure and document existing building conditions.
- Prepare specifications and schedules with accurate product information for furniture, plumbing, appliances, lighting, and finishes.
- Place orders seamlessly and manage all aspects of the project from start to finish by working alongside contractors, suppliers, property managers, and more. to ensure a consistent end result
- Close collaboration and open communication with the design team, clients, consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture or interior design
- At least three plus years of interior design experience in a high-end interior design/hospitality firm.
- Ability to create a set of construction drawings, specifications and schedule
- Strong AutoCAD skills
- Mastery of Adobe CS
- Must be able to demonstrate strong detailing skills and understanding of interior design
- Strong presentation skills using rendering software, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite and hand sketching a plus
- Must be organized in all facets of work to ensure smooth and timely delivery of projects
- Experience in FF&E purchasing and software (Studio Designer)
- Site management skills
- Ability to complete tasks with precision and attention to detail
- -Excellent multitasking ability, highly organized with great attention to detail
- Exceptionally customer focused and managing vendor relationships
Please send your portfolio and CV to [email protected]
Back to task list…