Designer, Interior Department – Brooklyn, NY, US | Jobs
DONE Design / Build
Brooklyn, New York, United StatesLocation:
Thu 15 Jul 21Posted on:
MADE is a design / build company specializing in bespoke architectural design, construction management and specialty manufacturing. Founded in 2002, MADE believes in the integration of architect and builder at every stage of the creative process. We mainly focus on private residential homes and custom commercial projects in New York City and surrounding areas. Located in a Civil War-era warehouse on historic Red Hook piers, Brooklyn, MADE’s studio features a vibrant design studio attached to a 7,500 square foot store.
We are looking for a thoughtful and motivated designer to join our interior department. The role of the designer is to support the project team in carrying out the project goals and objectives established by the interior manager and the client and bringing them to fruition. Other main responsibilities include the financial administration of the project and the development of the MADE project resources.
- A degree in interior design or a related field with less than three years of professional experience
- Attention to detail
- Clear verbal and written communication skills. Ability to collaborate with the work of others
- Proficient in drawing with AutoCAD, hand sketching, 3D rendering and creating physical models
- Long-term interest in design / construction and MADE
- Develop, maintain and update MADE resources, including the Interiors material library, the Interiors sample archive, and the MADE Specifications resource
- Attend design events and trade shows
- Maintain relationships with suppliers
- Assist the project team as needed to assist with the installation of previously specified items, as well as provide solutions for unforeseen changes.
- Research new products and materials for inclusion in future projects and compile specified product successes / failures for reuse in projects.
Responsibilities of the project:
- Apply materials library resources during design development and procure samples from vendors as needed
- Produce a specification book
- Drafting of furniture and furnishings plans
- Develop collages and design presentations for the owner
- Coordinate pricing and availability with suppliers, establish pricing and produce purchase approvals
- Buy furniture, organize storage and installation of
- Help with the installation of the final project
- Enter monthly costs to produce the invoice and follow the budget
- Participate in internal design reviews during design development and in meetings with clients as required.
- Make samples for customers if applicable
- Produce a closing and maintenance workbook
The ideal candidate should have good communication skills, be practical and open-minded, and have the desire to work as a team with multiple designers and builders. This is a full-time position with pay and benefits based on experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume and work samples to: [email protected]
Back to the task list …