ALIAS / Studio / Interior / CMF Jobs at Jonathan Lee Recruitment | Works
Tata Motors Design, comprising three global design centres, including a state-of-the-art studio at NAIC at the University of Warwick (UK), Pune (India) and Turin (Italy), plays a central role in the creation and delivery of the future of Tata Motors passenger and commercial vehicles. With the recent success of the Nexon, Altroz and Tiago, it is bolstering its global team with highly creative and driven design professionals who can help shape the future of Indian automotive.
CAS Alias Modeler – Contract (Ref. No. 61000)
- Create and release surfaces that faithfully capture design intent, are aesthetically optimized, and of high quality craftsmanship that meet specified standards.
- Assist the creative process by interpreting 2D sketches into 3D data for design iteration and approval.
- Ability to demonstrate an advanced skill set in creating creative and technical digital surfaces using ALIAS.
- Experience working with engineering inputs and ability to interpret design sketches to create appropriate surface proposals.
Chief Studio Engineer – Contract (Ref # 60995)
- Provide in-studio technical support from initial concept design through prototype development, mass production and vehicle launch to manufacturing feasibility.
- Knowledge required in the areas of studio engineering and styling assistance. Design and development of Class A, BIW and Trim coatings (interior and exterior).
- Analyze day-to-day packaging and feasibility issues with design, clay/digital modeling and engineering teams and deliver world-class solutions while managing surface and design reviews.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in the following relevant technical specialties; vehicle configuration/wrapping experience, vehicle legislation requirements and technical feasibility of automotive trim systems, closures and mechanisms.
CMF Designer / Color Material Finish Designer – Contract (Ref No. 60996)
- Being part of a creative team responsible for the design of future vehicles, working on multiple projects including concept and production, contributing to the development and continuous improvement of our world-class UK design operations. You will encourage new ways of reading automotive, design and social trends and design applications and constantly challenge the status quo.
- Understanding of major materials such as paint, fabrics, plastics, texture and decorative finishes, as well as a good understanding of how materials are/can be processed and applied to 3D shapes.
- Know the latest trends in consumer, design, color and automotive materials and suppliers, both at the concept and production level.
Senior Interior Designer – Permanent (Ref. 60991)
- Creative designer able to produce compelling and relevant design ideas for on-going projects, supporting UK Design Studio and demonstrating proven industry experience in 2D (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and 3D (Alias, etc.) software
- Ability to generate and communicate new ideas with action plans; support the design process by developing concepts via sketches, clay or digital models to illustrate and present ideas to colleagues/management
- Proven track record in both building advanced concept cars and production programs
How to register
Tata Design works with Jonathan Lee Recruitment for all available roles. To apply, send your CV and portfolio (if applicable) and an introductory email to [email protected] Please include the job reference number in the subject line of your email application.